Conditions of Entry to Queensland Maritime Museum
In line with Stage 3 of Queensland Government’s COVID-safe Roadmap to recovery, Queensland Maritime Museum will open in 2020 with changed entry conditions to allow our visitors to reconnect with arts and culture. You will see quite a few changes to the way we do things including requiring a timed ticket for a specific session in order to gain entry to the museum.
We’re excited to welcome you back to Queensland Maritime Museum. Please note, you will need to book a timed ticket before your visit.
OUR COVID-SAFE PLAN
* View the full QMM COVID Safe Plan here: maritimemuseum.com.au/about/corporate *
QMM’s Conditions of Entry have been updated to include COVID-19 requirements, as follows:
- Visitor numbers and entry to QMM are based on the most current Federal and State Government guidelines
- Hygiene and safe signage are on display at various locations across QMM’s site
- Visitors who are feeling unwell will be asked NOT to attend the museum and those with visible symptoms will be refused entry
- Storage of personal belongings, including prams, backpacks, and bags, will be postponed until further notice
- Visitors with individual needs are welcome to discuss their particular requirements with QMM’s front of house (FOH) team
- High-touch areas such as drinking fountains and hands-on activities and displays are closed
- Use of lifts, bathrooms and parent rooms are restricted to small numbers. Visitors with special needs are given priority
- Government health directives, police or relevant authority directions supersede any QMM policies including these Conditions of Entry
- Visitors who do not abide by these Conditions of Entry will be asked to leave the Museum
- These Conditions of Entry, including COVID-19 Health and Safe conditions, will be displayed at the entrance and are available online at www.maritimemuseum.com.au
- QMM reserves the right to change our Conditions of Entry at any time
- Visitors, on entry to the Museum, are asked to confirm they agree to the Conditions of Entry
- Visitors are required to acknowledge these conditions of entry when booking their tickets
What QMM is doing for your safety:
- Cleaning frequently touched areas and surfaces regularly, and encouraging good hygiene practices for all visitors
- Providing hand sanitiser stations
- Implementing timed / session ticketing to help us manage crowds during restrictions
- Asking for your contact information to help with contact-tracing (if required)
- Establishing dedicated entry and exit points and contactless payment to minimise contact
- Re-arranging our exhibitions to help promote social distancing
- Assisting you to implement social distancing, by limiting the capacity of some galleries and exhibitions at any one time. Look for our clear signage and follow the directions given by our Guides
- Internal HMAS Diamantina access, back of house tours, library visits, and non-essential internal and external visits have been paused until further notice
- When enjoying coffee and snacks at QMM’s ‘The Maritime’, please provide your contact information as directed by staff to help with contact tracing (if required)
What you can do to help:
The health and safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our utmost priority. Please do not visit if you have knowingly come into contact with someone who has been diagnosed or exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days or if you are unwell including displaying fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose or shortness of breath.
While you are at Queensland Maritime Museum, please practice good hygiene and following the directions provided by our friendly staff and our signage.
To help you stay up to date, please follow our social media and sign up to our e-news for further updates:
Queensland Maritime Museum’s team thanks you for your patience during this time and we look forward to seeing you once again at our museum.