OPEN the HATCHES!
Bookings are essential and sessions are limited.
Access under our Covid Safe Plan
Queensland Maritime Museum covers a large site and if you would like to optimise your time inside and outside of the museum, please arrive at the start of your booked session.
QMM currently has BCC on site making the Dry Dock safer for everyone! This means that a small part of the external museum site is closed to visitor access.
Visitors to QMM will still be able to enjoy walking the foredeck, main deck and quarter deck of HMAS Diamantina. However, as a historic warship, her interior is simply too cramped to allow for safe movement and airflow under our Covid Safe Plan.
Visitors are also not able to go inside the pearl lugger Penguin and Steam Tug Forceful for the same reason.
We highly recommend visitors venture into our historic Pump House, featuring the mechanisms for pumping water out of the dry dock. Access is limited to one person or one family group at a time.
Visiting the Museum
Visitors booking an entry ticket to Queensland Maritime Museum commencing in sessions A, B, C and D, will be asked to exit the main building of the museum by the designated end time of each session. However, visitors entering in these sessions (A-D) will be able to use the next session’s times to walk through the grounds and visit the museum’s important external artefacts.
Visitors booking an entry ticket to Queensland Maritime Museum commencing in session E will be asked to finalise their visit through the main building of the museum by 3:45pm at the latest. All tickets for Session E will allow visitors to complete their visit to the grounds and external artefacts at Queensland Maritime Museum up until the museum’s closing time at 4:30pm.
- Session A
- Museum entry from 9:15am
- Exit Museum building by 10:30am and remain on grounds viewing external exhibits until 11:45am
- Leave Museum grounds by 11:45am
- Session B
- Museum Entry from 10:30am
- Exit Museum building by 11:45am and remain on grounds viewing external exhibits until 12:45am
- Leave Museum grounds by 12:45am
- Session C
- Museum Entry from 11:45am
- Exit Museum building by 12:45am and remain on grounds viewing external exhibits until 1:30pm
- Leave Museum grounds by 1:30pm
- Session D
- Museum Entry from 1:30pm
- Exit Museum building by 2:45pm and remain on grounds viewing external exhibits until 3:45pm
- Leave Museum grounds by 3:45pm
- Session E
- Museum Entry from 2:45pm
- Exit Museum building by 3:45pm and remain on grounds viewing external exhibits until 4:30pm
- Leave Museum grounds by 4:30pm
1. Bookings are essential to visit.
2. Make sure you read our Conditions of Entry
3. Select your desired day and session time and proceed to checkout
4. Provide your contact details upon booking to assist with any contact tracing (if required)
5. Show your ticket on your phone at the door for scanning (or print your ticket at home)