The Queensland Maritime Museum Association welcomes new members and appreciates the hard work of our existing members. Membership provides an opportunity to support the objectives of the Museum and the programs it runs. Our members participate in the day-to-day running of the Museum and the operation of Steam Tug Forceful. Regular newsletters and tri-annual member meetings provide the forum for keeping members informed of activity at the Museum. Member social gatherings are organised, usually at the Museum. The Museum is a not-for-profit organization and relies on the invaluable contribution of members and volunteers.
Our Members provide a special support group that includes individuals, families, businesses and community groups. They range from people previously involved in maritime occupations to those with an interest in maritime history.
Becoming a member brings with it substantial and numerous benefits:
- Free admission - As a Member you can visit the museum absolutely FREE all year round, including the Diamantina, Forceful and the Dry Dock. Discounted rates on some fee-charging activities.
- Free guest passes - Members receive a number of free museum guest passes per year. In addition to guest passes, if members bring a guest to the museum the guest will receive a 10% discount on the entry fee.
- Members E-newsletter Scuttlebutt - Keep in touch via our regular exclusive Members e-newsletter informing you of museum activities.
- Free Members journal The Maritime Manifest - With membership comes The Maritime Manifest, the museum's very popular quarterly colour journal to keep you in touch with your heritage and the exciting program of Members events and other museum activities in the months ahead.
- Outstanding Members events - The Members program offers a great range of exclusive, interesting events for you to enjoy. Exhibition previews, talks, tours, parties, ship visits, to name just a few.
- Discounts galore - Save 10% on purchases at the Museum Shop.
- Reference and research access to the Museum Library and Photograph collection - Our extensive research library and specialist librarians are available to Members by appointment.
- Reciprocal benefits to other museums - Take advantage of reciprocal and discount entry to other museums within Australia and letters of introduction to many overseas museums and galleries.
If you are interested in joining the Queensland Maritime Museum, the Museum’s membership secretary can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To renew your membership, use the Membership Renewal Form. This also may be printed out, filled in and posted, together with membership payment, to the the Museum. (Note: Acrobat Reader required)
Or alternatively, you can check out our Online Membership Registration Form. It's a quick and easy way to become a member today!